Sunday, April 17, 2011

Holding hands...

I was deeply impressed by a touching scene on my way back from Bukit Bintang after having a mad crazy shopping….

When I first stepped into the Star LRT, the first ‘eye-catching’ person that I noticed was a Chinese woman in her 60s (I guess..) with her husband. I found her different from other people in the train because her left eye was an ocular prosthesis….and the more attracting part was – she was holding her husband’s hand. They had some talk in the train and the woman lied on the husband’s shoulder when they stopped chatting. The scene was so ‘amazing’ for me that it was actually too harmony for my acceptance. It sounded weird, but I never see such touching and sweet moment between my parents. Surprisingly, the old couple headed to the same destination as mine. I kept on observing them until they walked far enough away from my sight. Once again, they touched my ‘little heart’. They held their hands tight all the way long the staircases. What a sweet old couple…

It is very normal to hold other people’s hands but not everyone is willing to hold our hands….

Parents used to hold our hands when we wanted to cross the busy road…


We used to hold our parents hand when we begged and cried for toys…


We used to hold siblings’ hands when we enjoyed our favourite childhood game…


We used to hold our little friends’ hands when we played hide and seek at school….


We used to hold couple’s hand when we were out for dating…


And…

We are going to hold our children’s hands and kiss them deeply….


We are going to hold our children’s hands when they try to write their very first word in their lives…

We are going to hold our children’s hands when they first go to school…


We are going to ignore our loved one’s hands….

We are going to forget our parents’ hands…..

But as time flies…

Our children refuse to hold our hands in front of their little friends…

Our children no longer need our hands to guide them to the other side of the road….

Our children start holding boy friends’ or girl friends’ hands….

Our loved one’s think that holding hands is no longer necessity….

Our parents’ hands are full of wrinkles or suffer from arthritis…


One day, sooner or later….

We will lose the chance to hold our loved one’s hands…


We might not know when is it…

We might not know how is it going to happen…

But we know we will regret for not holding hand in hand and heart to heart……


No comments:

Post a Comment